Featherwood Capital LLC has provided expert witness services for litigation, arbitration, and due diligence evaluations. Cases include domestic and international commercial disputes involving LNG, natural gas infrastructure, and power/natural gas markets. Featherwood Capital has provided detailed commercial and forensic financial analysis to support all phases of litigation from contractual conflict to damage quantification. Featherwood has deconstructed transactions using operational records and financial data to prove the applicability of commercial transactions previously denied by opposing litigants. Featherwood Capital Principal’s experience trading and brokering markets provides them with the knowledge to dig beneath the surface and follow the transactional evidence trail.
Featherwood Capital LLC has created complex transactional models to support its detailed expert analysis. The Principals have experience providing testimony and depositions, as well as extensive expert reports. The Principal’s experience spans both North American courts (state and federal) and International Arbitration. The economic scope of the reports, modeling, and testimony ranges in quantum from a few million dollars to multi-billion dollar exposures.
A summary of FWC’s experience can be found below:
- Provided expert report and testimony on a disputed long term Purchase and Sale Contract
- Provided expert testimony on disputed North American electricity transactions
- Provided expert report on the profitability of marketing strategies for a major North American natural gas import project
- Provided expert report on the commercial value of multiple North American power plants
- Provided expert report on the viability of a disputed LNG asset and associated agreements
- Provided expert analysis in litigation to resolve the interpretation of contractual language for North American LNG export obligations
- Provided expert report in support of establishing the quantum of potential value for a North American export project